Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Lessons on Life: A Book Review

Having always been a Paulo Coelho enthusiast, I am forever on the lookout for his works.  When I stumbled upon his compilation of selected quotes, fittingly titled "Life", I immersed myself in it! 

I read it from beginning to end in one sitting, lapping up all its tidbits of insight like a kitten to milk. 

Then, I reread it, granting myself the luxury of lingering at every quote, relishing in its warmth.  One of my favorites, you ask?
"The fear of suffering is wors than suffering itself.  And no heart ever suffered when it went in search of its dreams."
Organized into eight distinct categories, Coelho masterfully fuses selected phrases from his myriad of writings.  The categories?  Elusively titled, and ripe with possibility, they are:
  1. The Dream
  2. The Path
  3. Love
  4. Chance
  5. The Journey
  6. Destiny
  7. The Good Fight
  8. The Mystery
Nowadays, I return to this book often.  Sometimes, I go intentionally to one of the chapters to gain some insight or inspiration.  Other times, I recklessly open the book to a random page, ready to receive whatever message the book graces upon me.

Whether you are a fan of Paulo Coelho or not (and, really, who isn't?), this book will prove to be a loyal companion, at times telling you what you want to hear, while others, telling you what you need to hear.

If you've read Coelho's "Life", do share your favorite quotations.  Do you find yourself drawn to a specific chapter?

No comments:

Post a Comment